“Just give me the rules! When do I HAVE to submit to my husband and when can I just ignore him because he is being a butthead?”
So after listening to Ep 7 – Submit to my husband? Are you crazy? you should have a basic understanding of what biblical submission IS and why we should live it out in our marriages. But how do we wives know if we are getting it right?
What does submission look like in reality?
You can find this podcast on any of these Podcast Apps. Don’t forget to subscribe and leave a review if you loved this episode!
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.Ephesians 5:22, 25 English Standard Version
Big Picture Take Away
The truth is, submission will look different in every marriage.
It really depends on your husband’s personality. Is he high strung or laid back? Confrontational or peaceable? Does he get super involved or prefer to stay in the background? Is he a natural leader or does he prefer to follow?
YOUR personality doesn’t factor into this calling, it just may make it easier or harder for you. (Personally, mine made it WAY harder!)
3 things Submission is NOT:
- manipulation when you want your husband to agree with you
- avoidance when you know your husband won’t agree with you
- combativeness when you don’t agree with your husband
3 things Submission IS:
- sharing your opinion when you want your husband to agree with you
- acceptance when you know your husband won’t agree with you
- sharing the truth in love when you don’t agree with your husband
Check out these blog posts for more:
- The Controversy over Submission – What You NEED to Know!
- WARNING: Are you Mistaking Meekness for Weakness?
- 3 Things Submission IS and 3 it is NOT
Did you catch Episode 7 – SUBMIT to my husband? Are you CRAZY?!
Connect With Me
Want to hang out with me daily? Follow me on Instagram!
See what God is doing with my mess daily as I share the trials and triumphs of being a mom, wife, and friend who is learning to let go of control and trust God to lead me while getting some laughs along the way!